Sustainable Development Goal 01: End poverty in all its forms everywhere
Partnerships for this goal
For partnerships engagements and initiatives towards this goal, check the United Nations Partnerships for SDGs platform: engagements for Goal 1. The registration of initiatives is ongoing.
Targets under this goal
#SDT011EU - by 2030, eradicate extreme poverty for all people everywhere, currently measured as people living on less than.. a day
#SDT012EU - by 2030, reduce at least by half the proportion of men, women and children of all ages living in poverty in all its dimensions according to national definitions
#SDT013EU - implement nationally appropriate social protection systems and measures for all, including floors, and by 2030 achieve substantial coverage of the poor and the vulnerable
#SDT014EU - by 2030 ensure that all men and women, particularly the poor and the vulnerable, have equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to basic services, ownership, and control over land and other forms of property, inheritance, natural resources, appropriate new technology, and financial services including microfinance
#SDT015EU - by 2030 build the resilience of the poor and those in vulnerable situations, and reduce their exposure and vulnerability to climate-related extreme events and other economic, social and environmental shocks and disasters
#SDT01aEU - ensure significant mobilization of resources from a variety of sources, including through enhanced development cooperation to provide adequate and predictable means for developing countries, in particular LDCs, to implement programmes and policies to end poverty in all its dimensions
#SDT01bEU - create sound policy frameworks, at national, regional and international levels, based on pro-poor and gender-sensitive development strategies to support accelerated investments in poverty eradication actions
Read more about this sustainable development goal and its targets in the Actor Atlas.
Your opinion, knowhow or resources?
In the media
All the goals
Sustainable development goals for the EU - #sdgEU
- #sdg01EU - End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- #sdg02EU - End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
- #sdg03EU - Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- #sdg04EU - Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote life-long learning opportunities for all
- #sdg05EU - Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- #sdg06EU - Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- #sdg07EU - Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all
- #sdg08EU - Promote sustained, inclusive & sustainable economic growth, full & productive employment & decent work for all
- #sdg09EU - Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- #sdg10EU - Reduce inequality within and among countries
- #sdg11EU - Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- #sdg12EU - Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- #sdg13EU - Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- #sdg14EU - Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- #sdg15EU - Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat …
- #sdg16EU - Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build...
- #sdg17EU - Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development